Monday, July 20, 2009

Eager/California

For the 4th of July I went up to Eager with Lexi, her family, and my friend Jessica Schmidt. We rode quads, went to the parade, ALMOST went into a dance (but we looked inside and saw only about 3 couples dancing so we left..), saw some fireworks, and went spotlighting/sightseeing! Its sad because lexi's extended family knows me almost better than my own!

Jess Lexi and I at Steven and Kelly's house in Eager where we stayed
At the parade on the 4th!

We found this going through the parade... a headless statue of liberty. I thought that this little town of eager was against America! we were all a little confused at first, but then we realized it had a mechanical head that would go up and down so it didn't run into the power lines.

We got bored one day and decided to walk to the school and play at the park! They had this really tall slide and old-school swings. The slide doesn't look big in the pictures but it was huge!






Lexi's dad woke us up at 4 in the morning one day to go up the mountain and look for elk and deer and wild horses (I wish we hadn's stayed up until 3....) But we saw this cute little bear! and of course lexi threw it some beef jerkey and honey on crackers so it came right up next to our car!

We got out and hiked a little bit to this really pretty waterfall!
Lexi's cousin had this cute little scooter and was nice enough to let us take it for a spin!

This weekend I went to California with Jessica, her family and Lexi. We went to 6 flags and the beach!

So im SOOOOO afraid of heights and deathly afraid of roller coasters, but I actually went on some. But I made a bad decision of going on Tatsu at the beginning of the day. I should have known when the sign said "Fly at the Speed of Fear". I learned my lesson. Actually it ended up being one of my favorites!

We went to mission beach on Friday and it was packed! there were people EVERYWHERE!! Since there wasn't much room in the water, they talked me into letting them bury me. BAD IDEA. I am still finding sand everywhere!
And of course...on the way home we got pulled over right around Yuma. It was pretty funny! since I wasn't driving. Luckily Brian was a cop so we got a warning!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

eagar holds a special place in my ♥, for sure! the 4th is SO fun there! it looks like your cali trip was a blast also! {i think i need to take one of those! (: }